Who are the curators?
Registered users who have actively participated in the communication on Discuss Data (mainly through comments) and proven their expertise can either volunteer or be approached by Discuss Data for the role of curator. If they are accepted/accept, they will be gradually integrated into the editorial process of Discuss Data under the guidance of existing curators.
In the early stages of the project, members of the Discuss Data team in Bremen will fulfil the role of curators. The long-term goal of the project is to establish a community-driven and organised online platform.
Currently, the curators for the main categories are:
Corruption: Dr. Eduard Klein
Economic History: Felix Herrmann
Education: Dr. Eduard Klein
Elites: Prof. Dr. Heiko Pleines
Opinion Polls: Prof. Dr. Heiko Pleines
Protests: Dr. Jan-Matti Dollbaum
Security: Dr. Huseyn Aliev
The Ombudsperson, responsible for complaints and arbitration, is Prof. Dr. Ingo Rohlfing.
First steps: Overview
First steps for new users
- Edit License & Access
- Edit Metadata
- Edit Data Set Description & Add Tags
- Edit Dataset Description
- Dataset Publishing
- Edit Dataset Versions
- Manage Datafiles
- Edit Related Publications
- Data Set Upload
- Edit collaboration
- Edit Data Submission Agreement
- Best Practices for Data Submission
- Best Practices for the Documentation of Data Collection
- Checklist for the Documentation of Data Collection
- Best Practices for Discussion
- Best Practices for Curators
- Best Practices for Interviews
- Best Practices for Informed Consent
- Safeguarding Good Scientific Practice