Version: December 1, 2017 This is an English translation, the original German version is authoritative.
With the electronic publication in the DARIAH-DE repository, the author leaves his/her data to DARIAH-DE under the following conditions
- The author is solely responsible for the content of his/her published data, collections and descriptive metadata.
- Data, collections, or metadata that allow conclusions to be drawn about individual persons may not be imported unless the author obtains explicit confirmation from the persons concerned or their legal representatives that they are in agreement with publication in the DARIAH-DE repository. This confirmation must be presented to DARIAH-DE in writing.
- The author undertakes to indemnify DARIAH-DE from all claims which it has to answer for due to infringements of copyright, exploitation, trademark, or other rights of third parties and to reimburse DARIAH-DE for any costs which may have arisen from the claim.
- The author and DARIAH-DE undertake to inform each other immediately if third parties assert claims based on the copyrights or rights of use to which they are entitled.
- DARIAH-DE is entitled to interrupt the provision of the data / collections on the net in whole or in part if third parties assert copyright or other legal claims.
- DARIAH-DE commits itself, within the framework of technical and organizational possibilities, to permanently store the data / collections and their descriptive metadata, to provide them with persistent IDs and to make them accessible for research via international data networks.
- The author grants DARIAH-DE the right – unlimited in time, non-exclusive, and free of charge – to copy and store the data on its own servers and to make them accessible in electronic form via international data networks. The author grants DARIAH-DE a simple right of use. Any further rights of use remain with the author.
- The author transfers DARIAH-DE the right to migrate the data to other data formats if the technical developments so require and only by doing so the exercise of these rights can be maintained DARIAH-DE.
- For reasons of scientific citation, any modification of the data / collection and the descriptive metadata is excluded after the date of publication.
- DARIAH-DE does not assume any liability for disturbances within the data networks or for possible changes of the data during remote data transmission.
- Changes or additions to these terms and conditions must be made in writing.
- These statements are subject to German law. Insofar as no agreement has been made between the author and DARIAH-DE on the above-mentioned subject matter, the statutory provisions shall apply.
- Should individual provisions of these terms and conditions be or become invalid in whole or in part, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. The parties undertake to enter into an effective agreement in place of the invalid provisions which comes closest to the purpose of the intended provision.
DARIAH-DE is represented by the acting director of the Göttingen State und University Library, currently Prof. Dr. Wolfram Horstmann.
The use of the software, the resources and the infrastructure of all providers cooperating in the context of the project DARIAH-DE takes place at the user's own risk and responsibility. The realization of economic profit from the use of these resources is prohibited.
The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany apply to the use of this infrastructure, software, and associated resources. You commit yourself, that you will not use this infrastructure to distribute content of an insulting, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or libellous nature, or content glorifying violence, in any form, particularly also not by abandonment of possibilities to others to use this infrastructure. In addition, the conscious or intentional introduction or spreading of viruses or other malicious or harmful programs is strictly prohibited. You concede to the operators of this infrastructure, software and associated resources the right to relocate and/or remove content at their discretion. In particular, user accounts which have been created, including stored data, may be deleted after the termination date of a project, unless arrangements have been agreed for a continuation of service. You are not permitted to use your access to resources and services to obtain personal data in the sense of the Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz) or to store or process personal data obtained by other means. You are not permitted to copy copyrighted data or programs from one computer system to another. The use of illegally obtained copies of copyrighted data or programs on the resources of the providers cooperating in the context of the project DARIAH-DE is strictly prohibited.
Breach, violation or infringement of these rules will result in immediate and permanent account closure. The operators of the infrastructure and associated resources reserve the right to take legal action and pass on network traffic data or similar data to the law enforcement agencies.
You hereby consent to the automated storage, processing and transfer of the personal data you provide at the time of registration and during operation to the institutions or other entities, whose resources are being used, as far as this is necessary to ensure proper operation of the resources. This information will be used for no other purpose.
The providers of resources cooperating in the context of the project DARIAH-DE only assume responsibility for damage caused by hacker attacks or computer viruses if such damage resulted from intent or gross negligence on their own part.
First steps: Overview
First steps for new users
- Edit License & Access
- Edit Metadata
- Edit Data Set Description & Add Tags
- Edit Dataset Description
- Dataset Publishing
- Edit Dataset Versions
- Manage Datafiles
- Edit Related Publications
- Data Set Upload
- Edit collaboration
- Edit Data Submission Agreement
- Best Practices for Data Submission
- Best Practices for the Documentation of Data Collection
- Checklist for the Documentation of Data Collection
- Best Practices for Discussion
- Best Practices for Curators
- Best Practices for Interviews
- Best Practices for Informed Consent
- Safeguarding Good Scientific Practice